'All crew members are DEAD' Search for missing submarine ends in tragedy

'All crew members are DEAD' Search for missing submarine ends in tragedy

The Argentine Navy says the rescue operation for the crew of the missing submarine ARA San Juan is over, as no chance remains of finding the sailors alive.

While at the Argentine port city of Comodoro Rivadavia, the Russian experts loaded three containers of the Pantera Plus unmanned submersible on board, as well as diving and underwater equipment.

"I don't understand this arbitrary and unjustified decision", Luis Tagliapietra, the father of 27-year-old crew member Alejandro Tagliapietra, told local TV.

Search efforts will continue, he said, but are now exclusively focused on recovering the wreck of the vessel from somewhere on the sea bed.

The navy said Thursday that the search was no longer considered a rescue mission, but it would continue looking for the missing sub.

The Argentine navy said it could have been the sound of the submarine imploding.

"More than double the number of days than it would have been possible to rescue the crew have passed", Balbi said. The San Juan went missing on November 15, when it lost radio contact with the naval base in Mar del Plata, but it was not until two days later that the navy announced publicly that the submarine had gone missing. "It's another lie. They promised us that they would look for them until they find them".

More news: Honor 7x to get a new Flame Red color on December 5

The captain later communicated by satellite phone the problem had been contained.

The search for the San Juan has employed some of the latest technology in one of the largest efforts of its kind.

The crew only had oxygen reserves to last for about one week.

Some family members have denounced the navy's response to the sub's disappearance as well as the age and condition of the vessel.

The news service reports that the San Juan had been retrofitted in 2014, which involved cutting the vessel in half and replacing its engines and batteries.

At the sub's home naval base in Mar del Plata, relatives were hit hard by Thursday's announcement. I hope you didn't suffer my love'.

Related Articles